Responsible for performing duties as a Flight Instructor in the AH-64E Aircraft and associated simulation device(s). Conduct initial Aircraft Qualification Course (AQC) training, continuation training and evaluation of customer pilots in accordance with approved Saudi Arabian National Guard/Ministry of National Guard publications (FTG’s, AR’s, TC’s, etc.). Conduct academic instruction and hands-on performance based training and administer evaluations to ensure pilot proficiency and standardization of training. Responsible for maintaining Individual Gradebook Folders, Individual Aircrew Training Folders (IATF) and completing required training, currency, and readiness entries. Conduct AH-64E Series aircraft specific ground school based training and instrument instruction in a classroom environment, aircraft or flight simulation device(s). Flight instruction training duties include: contact, basic instrument, and basic combat skills under Day, Night, NVS and NVG conditions to U.S. Army standards or MNG-AVN IAW government approved DATM, CMP, FTG, and POI requirements. Instruction may include any combination of individual or group instruction in an academic classroom environment, aircraft, or simulator.
1. Train and evaluate Aviation pilots in the AH-64E Aircraft, conduct initial Aircraft Qualification Course (AQC) training in accordance with the approved DATM and specific unit ATP guidelines.
2. Develop or update Aviation Aircrew Training Program, appropriate AH-64E/MNG-AVN related manuals, CMP, FTG and POI in accordance with customer guidance.
3. Verify and confirm that all required flight training publications are current and complete.
4. Conduct and evaluate individual readiness level progression tasks, to include instrument flight tasks, during day, night, NVS and night vision goggle (NVG), and instrument flight rules (IFR).
5. Prepare pilots through realistic mission training flight maneuvers under local environmental conditions to include dust landings, and weather specific desert training.
6. Provide aircrew proficiency training in Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IMC) in and outside controlled airspace under General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA)rules.
7. Attends meetings as required with Customers.
8. Recommend aviation Instructor Pilot and Pilot in Command appointments to customer leadership.
9. Responsible for providing direct interface and daily status reports as required between staff for training status, mission assignments, mission planning, and crew status.
10. Assist in Functional Check Flights as required as directed by MNG counterparts.
11. Able to perform duties in a culturally sensitive environment and maintain a professional approach, attitude, and appearance at all times.
12. Develops, updates, and performs as SME in all POI and Flight Training Guide areas, and subjects as required by the customer leadership.
13. Other duties as assigned and or directed by management.
B. Independence: Performs within the broad guidelines of duties and responsibilities with significant choice of methods. Authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: As Assigned, Reports directly to the Flight Instructor Examiner AH-64E Lead.