Helicopters Inc. the leading provider of Electronic News Gathering (ENG) helicopter services in the United States, has an immediate opening for an experienced Chief Pilot. This person will be responsible for managing a team of approximately 140 pilots and a fleet of approximately 70 aircraft, including Bell Jetrangers, Longrangers, 407’s and Airbus H125’s located in over 35 cities throughout the U.S. The successful candidate must possess the necessary management experience and strong leadership skills to effectively support our existing ENG programs as well as our ongoing Part 135 operations.
This position is based out of the Saint Louis Downtown Airport in Cahokia, IL. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefit package and participation in our Company’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Reports to the Director of Operations and is authorized to exercise operational control.
- Interviews and hires new pilots to maintain a roster of properly qualified, current, trained, and available pilots to meet Company ENG business requirements.
- Manages, counsels, and, as necessary, disciplines and terminates pilots.
- Monitors pilot hours, approves leave requests, and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Ensures that all pilots assigned to flight duty meet the applicable requirements and that the certification for these requirements is maintained in the crew member’s record.
- Has the authority to create and modify policies, procedures, information, and instructions for the process and to make decisions regarding the safety of flight.
- Acts as a liaison between pilots and other company managers.
- Prepares and distributes applicable pilot instructions, bulletins, and manuals.
- May serve as PIC in Part 135 operations, adhering to all applicable provisions & regulations at all times.