ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Plan and execute flight assignments and obtain
information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures
and special instructions.
- Ensure proper flight kit is aboard.
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have
been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or
properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as
- Comply with applicable Government, company, contract
and FAA required rules and regulations on all pilot duties. Must be meet requirements for Part 135 Qualification.
- Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight
inspection and preparation. - Ensure proper loading, distributing, and
security of cargo and passengers. - Determine aircraft weight and balance
is within prescribed limits.
- Complete aircraft flight maintenance log, load manifest
and discrepancy record form and ensure that a copy of each is delivered to
the Site Manager for filing upon the completion of each flight assignment.
- Supervise Field Support Crew.
- Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft
flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of
flight and duty time records.
- Responsible for passenger safety and assuring ramp
security is maintained while passengers are being boarded or disembarked.
- Perform accurate precision long line work.
- Perform Fire Suppression by means of tank and external bucket
with at least 130 ft long line.
- Perform accurate and safe Aerial ignition missions.
- Delegate functions to other direct reports, but retains
overall responsibility. - Performs routine within CONUS travel as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- FAA Commercial and Instrument Airmans Certificate
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- Valid US Passport
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2,500 total rotary wing flight hours including 1000
hours of turbine engine time.
should have a current USFS/OAS card or should be able to meet the carding
requirements for the H125.
- Fire fighting
experience with 150 ft vertical reference and 200 hours of mountain
experience required (terrain could be up to 12.000 ft). 200 hours in H125.
- Conversant in English.
Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified
and 300 hours of NVG experience
Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to
achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is
accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written
communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal &
written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to
others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships &
collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals
tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops
strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing
urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines;
consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas
personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on
technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions &
input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective
relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work
independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety &
security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is
accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal &
organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes
successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development - Completes required &
suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to
coaching & feedback.
- Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently
promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially
responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management - Sets clear expectations &
direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to
improve; is a positive role model
- Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses
sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency;
demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company,
mission & customer through effective & frequent communications;
promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic &
positive work culture.
Pre-Employment Drug screen and
background checks required.
We are an EOE and a drug, alcohol,
and tobacco free workplace. Brainerd Helicopters Inc/dba Firehawk Helicopters
and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or