H125 Utility PIC
Firehawk/Brainerd Helicopters, Inc. •
Firehawk Helicopters has been operating H125s for over 18 years. We support many power utilities as well as NPS, DOI, USFS, BLM and USFWS EU/CWN contracts. Missions include but are not limited to powerline construction (including HEC), powerline patrol, other aerial construction, fire suppression, aerial ignition, crew movement, SAR, and others. The PIC must plan and execute flight assignments and obtain information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions. Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise data, airport facilities and navigational aids. This position requires travel to field aircraft, the applicant can live anywhere in the lower 48 (within 90 minutes of an airport with 7 day a week service and within 3 hours of a Southwest Airlines serviced airport) but must have ability to travel domestically and internationally. We strive to maintain domestic schedule is a 12/12 rotation and International schedule is a 30/30 rotation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute flight assignments and obtain information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions.
- Ensure proper flight kit is aboard.
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as applicable).
- Comply with applicable Government, company, contract and FAA required rules and regulations on all pilot duties. Must be meet requirements for Part 135 Qualification.
- Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation. - Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of cargo and passengers. - Determine aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits.
- Complete aircraft flight maintenance log, load manifest and discrepancy record form and ensure that a copy of each is delivered to the Site Manager for filing upon the completion of each flight assignment.
- Supervise Field Support Crew.
- Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
- Responsible for passenger safety and assuring ramp security is maintained while passengers are being boarded or disembarked.
- Perform accurate precision long line work.
- Perform Fire Suppression by means of tank and external bucket with at least 150 ft long line.
- Perform accurate and safe Aerial ignition missions.
- Delegate functions to other direct reports, but retains overall responsibility. - Performs routine within CONUS travel as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED.
- FAA Commercial Certificate Rotorcraft Helicopter.
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- Valid US Passport
- Precision long line skills meeting the standards of the Interagency Practical Test Standards version 2.0 including Task A “Short-Haul” standards.
- Experience with Part 133 Class B Human External Cargo.
- 2,500 total rotary wing flight hours including 1000 hours of turbine engine time.
- Applicants should have a current USFS/OAS card or should be able to meet the carding requirements for the H125.
- Fire fighting experience with 150 ft vertical reference and 200 hours of mountain experience required (terrain could be up to 12.000 ft). 200 hours in H125.
- Conversant in English.
- Powerline construction and maintenance experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
We are an EOE and a drug, alcohol, and tobacco free workplace. Brainerd Helicopters Inc/dba Firehawk Helicopters and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
- Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
- Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
- Pre-Employment Drug screen and background checks required.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)