Hillsboro Aero Academy is accepting resumes to fill our positions as Helicopter Flight Instructors at our Hillsboro,OR; Troutdale, OR; and Las Vegas, NV Locations. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who possesses good communication skills, great attitude with high knowledge of the subject matter. This is a full time position that will require work during mornings, evenings, nights and weekends. Hillsboro Aero Academy is the first training academy to receive IS-BAO accreditation for its safety management system and is looking for individuals to join our team and be a part of continuing to provide excellent flight instruction to the highest safety standards.
Helicopter Certified Flight Instructors provide flight, simulator and ground training for students under the guidance of the Chief Instructor. Due to the size of our program, instructors receive a large amount of flight time in the diverse weather and terrain of the Pacific Northwest which helps improve piloting and decision-making skills. Our one-on-one instruction environment allows instructors to work closely with their students and see them through the completion of the entire pilot program. Hillsboro Aero Academy offers potential for growth including opportunities for specialty training, and we offer job placement assistance to experienced CFIs who are looking to take their next step in the industry.Job Duties:
- Perform flight instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulation and in accordance with the approved training course outlines.
- Ensure compliance with and promotion of the HAA Safety Management System.
- Maintain satisfactory student progress through the course(s), ensure course standards and training requirements are met and communicate delays to supervisor.
- Accurately maintain all appropriate records associated with student training.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Determine aircraft airworthiness.
- Attend administrative, standardization, in-service training and instructor development meetings, as assigned
- Maintain and apply effective teaching and evaluation techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.