Powerline - Fire Helicopter Pilot
Lohman Helicopter •
The position will cover operations for all aspects of powerline construction throughout the US and fire contracts. The duties include but are not limited to flight and operational planning (91/133/135), weight and balance data, fuel management, accurate tracking of duty, flight and maintenance times, compliance with all FAR and Company policies as well as a variety of customer service functions and customer SOP’s and requirements. Strict adherence to the RFM, FAA Manuals, Company and Customer policies is required.
If you do not have extensive powerline and/or fire experience and are not highly experienced VR pilot – please do not apply. Please make sure your resume lists your required experience that is specific to this posting.
- Fulltime Employment.
- Powerline Experience is required. E.g. HEC, Wire/Sock pulling, Clipping, Spacers, Bird Diverters, hanging ladders and Baker Boards, Pole Sets, Marker Balls, Skid work, etc.
- Experience at firefighting.
- Must be able to work independently and be primary POC and company representative on projects.
- Only qualified candidates will receive a response.
- Commercial rotorcraft helicopter license; current medical; current driver license with clean driving record
- Required Skills/Experience:
- 2500 hours RW PIC Turbine, minimum.
- Previous precision vertical reference experience is required, and you must be very proficient.
- Must have previous MD500, BHT 407 VR or 212 VR experience (Fire and/or Powerline)
- Powerline applicants must have MD experience
- Firefighting and current interagency card preferred; instrument rating preferred.
- MD 500 Series required. BHT-407/205/212 experience preferred.
- Low Level & Recon
- Mountain Terrain
- Helitack/PAX Terrain
- Ext. Load <50’ Belly Hook
- Ext. Load >50’ Longline VTR
- Water/Retardant, Bucket
- 135 Experience e.g. recent .293/.299 checks
- Extensive Powerline Construction Experience
- ATP rating
- Salary available for full-time, salary is DOE number of days worked per year.
- Salary for full time employment. Medical, Dental and Life Insurance Benefits for full time.
Salary Range: $125k - $200k
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)