Rotor Wing Pilot - IFR
Life Flight Network •
Position Type: Permanent
Life Flight Network is one of the most prominent not-for-profit air ambulance organizations. As the industry's trailblazers, we constantly raise the bar for safety, excellence, social justice, and innovation in the skies and on the ground.
Being a member of our esteemed team means embarking on a career defined by distinction, pride, compassion, and unwavering service. We are a group of dedicated professionals who thrive in a high-octane, collaborative environment. Our collective brilliance shines as we come together to make a difference in the communities we serve. Here, you'll find the best and the brightest talents, who are second to none in their dedication and expertise.
Are you ready to unleash your potential and make a real impact in your community? If you're seeking a rewarding and fulfilling path, then look no further - Life Flight Network is the place where your aspirations will take flight!
The Rotor Wing Pilot is responsible for professionally and safely operating aircraft for LFN to facilitate care of critically ill and/or injured patients. The Rotor Wing Pilot will possess strong aviation skills, a keen sense of safety, superior customer service skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people, one-on-one and in large groups, sometimes in highly stressful situations. The Rotor Wing Pilot will be required to work varied shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position requires IFR certification.
***This position offers a $30,000 retention bonus***
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a professional pilot required
- Minimum of 2500 hours total time as pilot in command
- Minimum of 2500 hours R/W time required
- Minimum 100 hours Simulated preferred
- Minimum 50 actual hours instrument time required
- Minimum 200 hours of unaided night time required
- Minimum 1500 R/W Turbine hours required
- Pilots with air medical transportation experience are preferred
- Pilots with NVG experience are preferred
- Mountain experience is preferred. Experience evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- Must hold a FAA Commercial Helicopter Certificate with Instrument Helicopter Rating
- Airline Transport Pilot certificate (ATP) preferred
- Must have and maintain a FAA second class flight physical
- Performs pre and post-flight inspections. Plans flights, assists in loading of passengers, baggage and cargo, and analyzes weather conditions
- Maintains logs and records, as required, and prepares written reports
- Operates aircraft tug, tractor, and/or ground handling equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent grammar; verbal and written communication, and customer service skills
- Travel by personal or company vehicle throughout LFN’s service area is required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile in good repair. Must provide proof of auto insurance and meet Drivers Policy requirements
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Medical (Company pays for employee 100)
- Dental (Company pays for employee 100)
- Vision (Company pays for employee 100)
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100)
- Short & long term disability (Company pays for employee 100)
- 401k – with 100 vested employer contribution
- Tenure bonuses
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental time off
- Bereavement leave (including pets)
- Tuition/Training reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at almost 4 weeks a year for full time employees
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life Flight Network Membership
- Dog friendly work environment
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer.
100,701.20 - 118,957.00
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)