Director of Avionics Sales
Aviation Search Group •
We are working with a world leader in aircraft solutions to find a Director of Avionics Sales. Top candidates should possess experience in avionics sales coupled with strong leadership skills. This hands-on position is responsible for providing both sales team leadership and selling of avionics to maintain or exceed targeted gross margins per the annual operating plan. The position has potential for remote operations. This is an exciting opportunity with a world class avionics company.
- Build proposals and quotes for customers.
- Continually increase the level of knowledge regarding customer’s needs and requirements to maximize new and existing product sales.
- Provide direct customer technical sales to meet or exceed company budget.
- Define customer concept and produce estimates accordingly.
- Meet or exceed a predetermined turn time for the estimates produced.
- Continually increase and strengthen our relationships with key avionics suppliers.
- Lead, support, train and hire Avionics Sales Managers accordingly.
- Search for opportunities to quantity buy materials to increase company sales and or margins.
- Provide new concept ideas to the Business Development Team.
- Up-sell the customer during the course of producing estimates.
- Work closely with the department managers to obtain the appropriate information required for schedule and pricing to help facilitate the sale.
- Coordinate sales efforts with the Vice President/General Manager of the appropriate facility as well as the Avionics Department Manager taking into account skill requirements and production capabilities.
- Establish a sales plan, goals, and budget in support of the Avionics department’s goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Maintain CRM to include opportunity management and customer contact.
- Maintain expense control and submit expense reports by the established deadlines.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Sales Administration on any sales or support materials that may be needed.
- Work with Regional Sales Managers and Paint and Interior Sales Managers regarding multi product opportunities accordingly.
- Managers and above are required to review all processes in their areas of responsibility to achieve continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Top candidates will possess the skills necessary to develop strong customer relationships as well as effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and to customers. Other requirements include:
- B.A. in Business Administration or Marketing or technical equivalent.
- At least 5 years prior success in avionics sales.
- Technical expertise in turbine, turbo props and piston aircraft avionics related systems.
- Basic computer skills to perform reporting and tracking process.
Job Ident #:
Aviation Search Group
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)