Regional Fixed Wing Sales Rep
Summit Aviation Delaware •
SUMMARY: Responsible for increasing maintenance and avionics sales for Summit Aviation in Middletown, DE. Focus make/models include King Air series, Beechjet, Pilatus, Cessna Twins & Caravans, & Citation. Focus market would include 250nm range from Middletown, DE. Candidate should possess strong sales skills and strong fixed wing knowledge as well as solid team skills.
1. Develop a sales plan based on Summit Aviation objectives and focus areas, market analysis on assigned target aircraft.
2. Research and identify new prospects for the assigned role, using AMSTAT or Jetnet, and incorporate input from Maintenance, Avionics and Parts sales team.
3. Organize sales trips to meet with prospects, and set specific objectives for each trip. Follow-up with customers and provide timely verbal/written summary of results/opportunities/issues with direct manager.
4. Generate sales opportunities through face to face, verbal (telephone) and written communications with the existing and potential customer base for their airframe. Emphasis and objectives are based on airframe maintenance, avionics and modifications/upgrades.
5. Maintains aircraft status and customer information files in CRM and/or other formats in order to identify and support timely pursuit of opportunities and earn customer business.
6. Manages territory sales pipeline in order to optimize hangar workload in network facilities.
7. Assists customers with budgeting and forecasting maintenance and modifications on aircraft.
8. Assembles MRO work package/statement of work including items such as maintenance due list, aircraft technical baseline configuration, functionality/integration needs/features for new systems/installation in a manner that supports quoting requirements. Provides important input regarding competitive situation, priorities of customer, etc, which will assist in developing a customized proposal for that customer.
9. Researches SOW items and develops quote to best meet customer needs. Coordinates avionics components with the proper Sales Specialist. Takes special effort to coordinate interior opportunities with other Greenwich companies to meet customer needs.
10. Present quote to customers; collect feedback and act upon it to tailor/alter quote to address negotiated items within limits of approval.
11. Closes the sale with all customers and collects deposit payment from customer through arrival date of aircraft at the service center when required.
12. Solicits feedback from customer after departure via a survey program. Submits feedback to pertinent parties in the organization.
13. Work effectively and proactively with Operations to keep a general understanding of shop loading status, leadtimes for projects being sold, etc.
14. When possible, meet and greet fixed wing operators when they deliver aircraft for services. Provide or coordinate tours, and utilize time to get to know operator in person and potentially upsell.
15. Assists in selection of a service facility, where necessary, with customer.
16. Identify and act upon cross-selling opportunities in areas outside MRO activity, including OTC Parts, and specialty services from other Greenwich AeroGroup companies. Examples include landing gear overhauls (PAF), used avionics (Matrix), etc.
17. Develop business and business relationships from “influencers” such as brokers, aviation consultants, local PAMA/business aviation groups, etc.
18. Proactively look for new leads by networking, researching websites, asking customers for referrals, etc. Pass along new leads for aircraft represented by a different Greenwich salesperson to that person.
19. Proactively stays current on Maintenance and Avionics, and competitive trends to help upsell/create solutions for customers. Provide pertinent feedback to the company when needed.
20. Acts as an advocate for the Customer when needed in line with our reputation or do “right things right”. Proactively collaborate with Inside Sales, Scheduler and Service Managers as needed when challenges arise.
21. Responsible for territory sales forecasting, and will participate in annual budget process.
22. Maintain a high level of customer service by responding quickly to customer questions, quote inquiries and initiating post-sale visit/follow-up.
23. Actively participate in trade shows and handle follow-up calls/reports after the show. Assist where needed in trade show logistics, planning and setup.
24. Summarize results in agreed-upon measured areas for coaching discussions with direct manager.
25. Provide and/or coordinate facility tours and create cross-selling opportunities for new customers.
26. Attend sales meetings: provide input on opportunities and issues in the department and company.
27. Handle paperwork in a timely manner (obtaining signed quotes, handling expense reports, providing quotes, reporting results, etc). Stay at or below budget for travel, business entertainment, etc.
28. Observes company rules and regulations, including housekeeping and proper use of safety methods and the safe operation of equipment.
29. Other duties as assigned.
30. Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
31. Location: Strong preference to successful candidate being based at Summit Aviation.
32. Grow the top line/gross profit in Aircraft Services, in concert with Company profit objectives and strategy.
33. Interact heavily with other operational contacts to ensure customer needs are met and we capitalize on all opportunities, including communications with Maintenance, Avionics, Scheduling, Purchasing, Aircraft Sales and Line Service.
34. Analyze and control travel needs to conform to budgetary requirements.
35. Track quotes and sales activities; prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume and potential opportunities.
36. Negotiate terms and pricing with customer with the goal of maximizing Gross Profit, while being competitive in the marketplace, and staying within assigned negotiation limits.
37. Work effectively and proactively with Technical Services to ensure quotes are accurate, and skills/capabilities are present to handle the projects at hand.
38. Collaborate with Avionics Sales and OTC Parts to maximize sales opportunities.
39. Communicate with Scheduler to ensure labor resources are available for required work. Proactively collaborate with Scheduler and Service Managers as needed when challenges arise.
40. Possess a solid understanding of aircraft maintenance, avionics and aftermarket upgrades in fixed wing aircraft.
41. Attend sales meetings and scheduling meetings and proactively provide input to scheduling issues (understand how flexible some customers may be to alter schedule, brainstorm how to fill empty slots, etc).
42. Represent company at trade association meetings to promote services; execute trade show plans, handle details of trade show logistics.
43. Act as liaison between Sales Department and Operations departments to rectify customer issues, create quotes, and understand product offerings.
44. Take initiative: search for continual growth and learning on fixed wing aircraft and recommend/help implement ways to develop new and better programs for our customers’ satisfaction.
45. Handle paperwork in a timely and accurate manner (expense reports, quote requests, reports, etc). Summarize quarterly results in agreed-upon measured areas for coaching discussions with direct manager.
1. Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license preferred
2. Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing or aeronautical degree strongly preferred.
3. Three to five years of aviation services representation or sales experience required.
4. Three years of aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
5. Must possess a working knowledge of business aviation, maintenance, manufacturers, and marketplace trends.
6. Possess an ability to work in fast-pace and occasionally stressful environment while maintaining a high degree of flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail.
7. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously: possess thorough organization to ensure that all details of each ongoing project are followed through and managed correctly.
8. Must have good working knowledge of MS Office including the creation of spreadsheets, quotes/customer letters, databases, and reports (Excel and MS Word). Experience or ability to thoroughly learn CRM software, such as ACT and Outlook is needed.
9. Ability to work well with others in different departments, even when challenges arise (schedule, budget, etc.).
10. Must have excellent sales skills: specifically in quality prospecting and profitably closing customers. Active listening, consultative selling and finding solutions for customers are more important than aggressively talking about Summit Aviation.
11. Should hold excellent initiative and judgment to make recommendations for improvements in our processes and product offerings. Individual will need to be assertive with vendors, and be able to effectively deal with demanding customers.
12. Must be willing to undertake new responsibilities as business needs change.
13. Presents self professionally and courteously with internal and external customers.
14. Ability to travel to trade shows and maintain a professional presence while demonstrating product knowledge during conversation with prospects, and demonstrate follow-through after the initial contact.
15. A proven achiever with strong team-building and interpersonal communication skills. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing strong relationships with new and existing customers
16. Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC