Senior Technical Writer
The Senior Technical Writer will produce high-quality proposals for U.S. Federal customers seeking aviation maintenance, engineering and product development and integration services. They will be a part of a team of proposal management professionals who work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, program staff and other stakeholders and experts to develop winning technical proposals for a variety of Aviation services projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the services/products and the documentation requirements.
- Acts as the technical liaison and subject matter expert for BD, Sales & Marketing.
- Identifies and assesses issues and develops recommended solutions.
- Develops Basis of Estimates (BOEs) to support cost estimation and pricing.
- Creates, implements and manages detailed proposal development project plans to facilitate and support the proposal process. Ensures work is performed within budgeted time and while remaining in regulatory compliance and meeting customer and company guidelines.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
- Frequently operate a computer, computer software and standard office equipment.
- Work in an office and hangar environment.
- Consistent communications via phone, email and in-person.
- Drive Company and rental vehicles when necessary.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Aviation technical background.
- Military engineering and development process experience highly desirable.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a wide range of issues; (3) strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and, (4) the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must be able to attain and maintain a TSA/Homeland Airport Security Ramp Access Pass.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using Microsoft Project desired, but not required.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) desired, but not required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Safety and Work Environment ' Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Values Charter 'Safety: Above all else'.
- Effective Communication ' Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork ' Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments ' Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change ' Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
'We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.'
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)