A&P Mechanic (direct hire)
Seeking mid-level experienced Airframe & Powerplant Technician (Space Wrench) to support our commercial space operations department.
The candidate must have a desire to learn something new, enthusiasm for the new space industry and be able to mix existing aerospace experience with spaceline maintenance development.
This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills.
• Must have a valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant license (A&P License).
• Must have a valid passport and able to obtain a driver’s license.
• Must be familiar with procedures applicable to the various phases of maintenance.
• Preferred experience with rocket systems and associated solid and/or liquid propellants.
• Experience with life support systems (crew and passenger).
• Must be willing to travel and be on-call.
• Must be able to obtain an AOA badge.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of college level education preferred.
- Certifications or similar within aerospace, aviation or automotive.
- Graduated from a technical college or other recognized apprenticeship.
- Minimum 3 years line maintenance experience, 5-10 years experience is preferred.
- Experience on narrow body and/or business jet aircraft preferred.
- Experience with composite aircraft is preferred although not required (commercial or military aerospace application).Must have the ability to assume responsibility for proper administration of policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work under pressure and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Must display maturity of action and judgment.
- Good communication skills.
Job Ident #: