Position primarily functions as Pilot in Command (PIC) or Mission Commander on unmanned aircraft for a Department of Defense national, theater, operational or tactical level customer. AEVEX is seeking unmanned pilots and pilot instructors with group 4 and above unmanned aircraft experience to join our team at the programs Test & Formal Training Unit (FTU) site located in Sierra Vista, AZ. Aviators with operationally deployed experience and/or formal schoolhouse instructing experience are encouraged to apply. The AVO is responsible for coordinating ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, crew resource management, and ground & flight safety. The AVO is responsible for tasking of the aircraft from preflight, launch, mission, landing, and post flight operations and to monitoring all vital signs of the aircraft. The AVO is the PIC responsible for safe and legal flight of the air vehicle. As an AVO-I, the individual will be responsible for; the safe operation of the LEA unmanned aircraft family of systems, effective and efficient training IAW the established syllabus, and may be required to serve as a member of the Standardization and Evaluation team.
- Acts as Pilot in Command (PIC) of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS), supporting daily flight training, test and production sorties.
- Responsible for the safe and effective operation of the unmanned aircraft system.
- Provide Mission Coordinator/Commander support to the team when not acting as PIC.
- Primarily supports higher tier, longer endurance systems, driven by national or theater level customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform mission planning and coordination activities under varying
- airspace conditions.
- Must maintain a broad and up-to-date situational awareness of current mission operations; quickly gain understanding of current mission target environments and associated dynamics; and be familiar with operational methods and infrastructure
- Understands government defense industry policies and procedures related to operating aircraft and
- supporting customer requirements
- Meets/exceeds minimum performance standards as outlines in the master training syllabuses
- Formulates training programs, lesson plans and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training
- needs, systems requirements or service needs
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as group instruction, simulation
- exercises, or and computer-based training
- Organizes and develops training manuals, testing and evaluation guidelines, and other educational
- Trains assigned personnel in effective tactics, techniques, procedures, policies and technologies
- On site work at a CONUS duty location and potential for OCONUS rotations at the deployed site
- Performs other related duties as directed
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Must have at least an FAA Private Pilots License (PPL) with an Instrument rating.
- Must possess current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- Must be a US citizen with a valid US passport.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance, or higher (as directed by the contract).
- Must meet all DoD Contractor deployment requirements and pass Combat Readiness Course.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- The ability to professionally interface with numerous levels of management, customers, and peers.
- The ability to work extended hours and/or shift work.
- The ability to work in a team environment while accomplishing mission requirements.
- Work Experience in aviation field in OCONUS (deployed) location.
AEVEX provides a full suite of comprehensive benefits, including a 401(k)-retirement plan, comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance group coverage with a portion of the premiums paid by the company, professional development funds, and an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) with counseling, legal help, child and elder care support, among other benefits.
About AEVEX Aerospace
AEVEX Aerospace, headquartered in Solana Beach, California, supports the U.S. national security mission and partner nation needs around the world by providing full-spectrum aviation, remote sensing, and analysis solutions. The companys capabilities include custom design and engineering; rapid prototyping; sensor integration and sustainment; aircraft modification and certification; flight test instrumentation and support; mission operations service; advanced intelligence data processing, exploitation, and dissemination solutions; and tailored hardware and software mission-system tools. AEVEX uses agile and customized approaches to rapidly define, develop, and deliver specialized solutions for airborne special mission needs for the U.S. Government, partner nations, and commercial businesses. AEVEX has major offices in California, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
AEVEX Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.