- Conducts software, ground, and flight training within specified subject matter expertise.
- Responsible for all elements of aircraft and flight operations during training program to include pre-mission flight planning, air vehicle and ground station pre-flight preparation, air vehicle start-up, and checkout, air vehicle launch, air vehicle in-flight management, including all emergencies and diagnosis of in-flight problems.
- Provides subject matter expertise in all aspects of ground and flight test, operation, and maintenance.
- Conducts formal classroom, workshops, seminars, and in-flight training under the supervision of a qualified instructor pilot.
- Completes additional internal/external courses to ensure pilot skills are at the highest levels at all times.
- Interfaces with internal/external customers to learn and provide system knowledge within the community.
- Note: Deploy OCONUS 2 to 3 months on 2 to 3 months off rotations. Approximately 6 months with potential for follow-on deployments - candidate can live anywhere in the country
- Experience in the UAS industry and AVO experience with UAS utilizing open-source and proprietary autopilots (e.g. Piccolo)
- Private Pilot (PPL) preferred (not required)
- Current ACTIVE Secret security clearance
- Minimum 5 years of relative experience and knowledge of basic UAS flight systems and operations, large scale work on developmental UAS preferred
- At least 100+ flight hours on UAS platforms acting as PIC
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- Proficient computer skills: Office Suite, specifically spreadsheets, collaboration/communication applications, and manipulation of Adobe forms a must
- Valid U.S. Passport
- OCONUS deployment experience is a must
- Must be willing to deploy
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Medical requirements – pass an annual deployment physical exam from licensed physician
AEVEX provides a full suite of comprehensive benefits, including a 401(k)-retirement plan, comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance group coverage with a portion of the premiums paid by the company, professional development funds, and an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) with counseling, legal help, child and elder care support, among other benefits.
About AEVEX Aerospace
AEVEX Aerospace, headquartered in Solana Beach, California, supports the U.S. national security mission and partner nation needs around the world by providing full-spectrum aviation, remote sensing, and analysis solutions. The companys capabilities include custom design and engineering; rapid prototyping; sensor integration and sustainment; aircraft modification and certification; flight test instrumentation and support; mission operations service; advanced intelligence data processing, exploitation, and dissemination solutions; and tailored hardware and software mission-system tools. AEVEX uses agile and customized approaches to rapidly define, develop, and deliver specialized solutions for airborne special mission needs for the U.S. Government, partner nations, and commercial businesses. AEVEX has major offices in California, Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia.