Director of Legislative Affairs
UAM Division of Hyundai Motor Group •
Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Hyundai UAM's Policy Team develops and implements the company's public policy and advocacy agenda to advance the adoption of forward-leaning legal, policy and regulatory frameworks for urban air mobility (UAM) and to promote public acceptance and adoption of this emerging and exciting technology. The Policy Team fosters and maintains relationships with policymakers, regulators, lawmakers, elected officials, industry associations and local community stakeholders. We are at the forefront of developing new policy and regulatory frameworks that will govern this emerging technology for many decades to come, and we are looking for innovative policy and regulatory leaders to join us in this exciting and rewarding endeavor.
What you can do:
As a Director of Legislative Affairs, you would have a key role in determining Hyundai UAM's successful market entry in the United States, helping lead our efforts in Congress. You would:
- Develop and implement federal legislative strategy and priorities in line with the company’s business objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with Congressional members and staff
- Monitor and track legislation affecting company’s business, identify legislative trends and communicate updates internally
- Increase awareness of Hyundai UAM’s brand and vision for UAM as well as the positive potential of UAM in Congress
- Advance the company’s policy positions and legislative objectives in Congress
- Collaborate with other stakeholders including third-party organizations including industry and trade associations to shape positive legislative outcomes
- Draft legislative proposals and testimonies and represent the company before Congress and associations
- Observe all applicable laws and regulations governing lobbying activities
What you can contribute:
Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated track-record of shaping legislative frameworks governing aviation, transportation and infrastructure in the House and Senate, ideally with a focus on UAS or UAM/AAM.
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
- 7-10 years experience lobbying Congress on behalf of a leading tech company or trade association, ideally working on highly regulated emerging aviation technologies such as UAS, UAM or AAM
- Established relationships in Congress in particular with House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee and Senate Commerce Committee
- Demonstrated experience influencing legislative outcomes
- Knowledgeable about process of passing legislation
- JD, MA or BA in public affairs/political science or similar field
- Excellent written and communication skills required
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)