Drone Pilot - Remote
The Walt Disney Company •
This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Demand for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS or drone) for use in productions across DMED- supported entities is rapidly growing. As a Drone Pilot I you will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of drones within production and broadcast environments. You will work on assigned projects and productions.
- Ensure safe operation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (drones) in compliance with company policy and applicable regulations.
- Maintain records as required for training, flights, and equipment.
- Serve as remote pilot in command or visual observer as needed.
- Assist with UAS clearances and approvals as assigned.
- Assist with research, testing, and implementation of new technologies, workflows, products, and applications.
- Assist with maintenance, logging, and upkeep on the fleet of company-owned UAS.
- Train and maintain currency in flight procedures and techniques.
- Collaborate with Drone Operations team and follow priorities as outlined by Remote Production Operations management.
- Hours will depend on production needs and will include nights and weekends.
- Valid FAA Part 107 certification.
- Valid US driver's license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FAA Part 107 regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Media Production, Communications, Aviation, or Related Field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in UAS operations within a production environment.
- Regular travel will be required to event/production sites.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum 3 years experience with live sports production, including specialty camera operation and media editing.
- Knowledge of Walt Disney Company organization.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)