Lythix, LLC is currently seeking an UAV Pilot to join our UAV/Geospatial Department in Midland, TX. The UAV Pilot position is expected to oversee the ground and flight operations of an unmanned aircraft system. As part of ground operations, you will perform safety checks and troubleshoot mechanical equipment issues in order to safely complete all missions. Additionally, UAV Pilots will be expected to accurately collect field data using standard and state of the art UAV equipment. The UAV Pilot must be competent at desktop planning and research of missions and their requirements. The ultimate goal is to safely utilize unmanned aerial vehicles to provide a sophisticated product to our customers.
***Position will require missions to be flown in the Oil & Gas fields of the Permian/Delaware Basins. This role is data collection and not creative photography***
- Support the department’s long-term vision.
- Work well with others.
- Coordinate and actively participate in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, air / ground crew resource management, final data processing / deliverable development, and safety.
- Responsible for planning and flying automated missions to gather imagery for orthographic maps, LiDAR, and thermal inspection of solar plants.
- You will be trained in and responsible for flying BVLOS (Beyond Visual Line of Sight) missions.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- May develop and verify procedures for use with new aircraft features and participate in the development of operational and safety procedures and training.
- Knowledge of various unmanned aerial system hardware and software is strongly preferred.
- Basic experience with conventional, and GPS surveying techniques, as well as possible experience in aerial ground control and topographic mapping.
- Support an environment of professionalism, consistency, procedure, and improvement.
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control on all work performed.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with other employees and managers of all levels.
- All other duties as assigned.