FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot / Instructor
Timberland Helicopters, Inc. •
Quantum Dynamics, LLC (an affiliated Timberland Helicopters, Inc. [THI] company) is a veteran-owned/operated, rapidly growing company helping with the integration of small unmanned systems across the United States and abroad. In 2016, Timberland Helicopters, Inc (est. 1981) created their Unmanned Systems & Special Projects Division as a response to the growing sUAS industry. Since then, the division has performed service work in utility, solar, and wind inspections, precision agriculture, volumetric surveys, and several other tasks. We are experienced experts in asset integrity inspections. In 2018, we began offering Part 107 classroom workshops and test prep for the general public and public safety agencies. To date, we have completed 37 classes with more than 200 graduates with a 100% pass rate. In 2020, Quantum Dynamics, LLC. (QD) was formed as a dedicated organization for the purpose of offering drone-related services, training, sales (hardware/software), and consulting. Our present need is that of an experienced CFI with drone experience to help be an instructor for our Part 107 and 101 Practical Flight Training for our Quantum Dynamics – Flight Academy, as well as supporting overall operations as we grow.
- Instructor-Pilots will help conduct monthly scheduled training and be available for travel to clients as part of our Mobile Training Team (MTT). Candidate will help with scheduling classes and testing at exam centers, instruct the fast-paced 2-day workshop, and provide emotional support at exam locations with student-applicants (where practical). Must possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with command presence that gains trust and buy-in from student applicants and will keep them engaged during training.
- Pilots will help provide service inspection or filming jobs as they come in and coordinate with dispatch and property owners to schedule inspections, upload and return data from inspections. Pilots will be required to act & present themselves in a professional manner while representing QD/THI and our clients.
- Instructor-Pilots will understand the entire product and service stack offered by www.quantumdynamics.co and assist with the growth and sales of the company.
Job Types: Contractor, Part-time, leading to Permanent
- Must have an active FAA part 107 Remote Pilot’s license & current driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be an experienced FAA-rated certified flight (CFI) and/or ground instructor (CGI).
- Must be professional, well-groomed, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient or working knowledge of Pix4D or similar.
- Must be Proficient in LAANC (Airmaps OR Kittyhawk), Airspace Authorizations (FAA Drone Zone ) and DJI geo fencing.
- Must have own drone, such as a DJI Mavic or larger.
- Veteran Preference.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation in order to work with our youth programs.
- Liability insurance a plus but not mandatory.
Pay: $200.00 to $500.00 per day plus expenses
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend (mission specific)
- High school or equivalent (preferred)
- Some or college graduate (preferred)
Veteran / Law Enforcement:
- Portland, OR (primary)
- Multiple locations (growth cities)
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)