Flight Operations Instructor, Prime Air
Amazon Prime Air •
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to customers, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
Prime Air is seeking an experienced Flight Operations Instructor / Evaluator with sound judgment. Success will require leadership, attention to detail, a safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for drone technology. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and can deliver results under pressure.
We are looking for a candidate who has at least a private pilot certification. This candidate will be expected to travel to support our customers, as needed. This individual will oversee the line training activities at operational sites, provide ground & flight training, perform training development, record-keeping, and project management tasks. Aviation safety experience is strongly preferred. Potential for travel up to 75 during peak hiring campaigns.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Key job responsibilities
• Travel to operational sites to deliver training and conduct evaluations
• Maintain currency and proficiency on assigned aircraft and roles
• Provide oversight to line training activities
• Partner with stakeholders to design, create, implement and evaluate training
• Analyze data to determine performance and learning objectives that deliver expected business results from new hires and tenured employees
• Work in a team environment, under tight deadlines, while managing multiple stakeholders
• Other tasks as assigned
• Private, Commercial, or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate issued under 14 CFR Part 61
• Remote Pilot Certificate issued under 14 CFR Part 107
• Maintain currency, in accordance with 14 CFR 61.56 and 14 CFR 107.65, as a condition of continued employment
• Have and maintain Second Class Medical Certification issued by the FAA as a condition of continued employment
• Ability to support potential travel up to 75%
• Valid Driver’s License and able to satisfy Amazon driver eligibility criteria
• Experience delivering formal instruction in a military, commercial, or general aviation training environment
• Working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations
• 3+ years of experience as an instructor
• Current CFI, CFII, BGI, or AGI Certificate
• BA or BS degree in Aviation, Learning and Development, or another relevant field
• Experience training in a Part 142, 135 or 121 organization
• Extensive knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced work environment
• Problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations
• Experience with learning content creation tools
• Experience using digital instruction tools to create and deliver remote and in-person learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)