AEVEX Aerospace is seeking a deployable Aircraft Mechanic/Crew chief to perform ground and flight operations, aircraft and engine maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, servicing, pre and post flight inspections, and maintenance records management on unmanned aircraft systems and subsystems.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting high performance, deployed flight line operations and sortie production with an elevated degree of safety and efficiency.
The candidate should be proficient in the use of aircraft checklist (paper and digital) and performing duties using established processes and best practices found in military and/or commercial aviation industries.
- Perform flight line and other site level maintenance and repair actions on an Unmanned Light Sport Aircraft in a deployed environment.
- Ensure daily completion of ground servicing and maintenance actions to certify airworthiness of the aircraft and systems.
- Conduct scheduled inspections and complete follow-up maintenance actions, as required.
- Maintain Aircraft and Engine digital and paper maintenance and configuration logs for maintenance action performed on aircraft.
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair aircraft electrical systems per schematics, diagrams, and fault isolation manuals using a multimeter and/or other types of test equipment.
- Inspect and assess aircraft structures and laminated materials for defects and recommend or complete repair action as required.
- Provide quality control and/or procedure verification reviews on maintenance manuals.
- Provide timely logistics and quality assurance recommendations when required.
- Work cohesively with other members of a deployed team to meet daily objectives for maintenance actions and flight operations.
- Utilize emerging software technologies for maintenance documentation and flight operations support.
- Deploy in an OCONUS cycle for 90 days on and 90 days off without necessity to relocate current home of record
Qualifications and Education:
- 5+ years Flight Line or Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) maintenance and flight operations experience (preferably deployed).
- Must have active Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge and experience with Aircraft Systems, subsystems and their Theory of Operation.
- Knowledge and experience with Aircraft Technical Manuals (General Systems, Job Guides, Fault Isolation, etc...).
- Current FAA Class III medical certificate or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Experience working with ROTAX 91X series engines preferred.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate and/or Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred.
- Advanced Technical or Associates Degree preferred.
- Any composite/fiberglass fabrication and repair experience is highly desired.
- Pass a background check and drug screen.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., work on knees, crouch and reach overhead.
- Ability to work cohesively in a high performing team environment.
- Ability to meet all requirements to deploy to the CENTCOM AOR.
- Valid motor vehicle drivers license.
AEVEX provides a full suite of comprehensive benefits, including a 401(k)-retirement plan, comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance group coverage with a portion of the premiums paid by the company, professional development funds, and an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) with counseling, legal help, child and elder care support, among other benefits.
About AEVEX Aerospace
AEVEX Aerospace, headquartered in Solana Beach, California, supports the U.S. national security mission and partner nation needs around the world by providing full-spectrum aviation, remote sensing, and analysis solutions. The companys capabilities include custom design and engineering; rapid prototyping; sensor integration and sustainment; aircraft modification and certification; flight test instrumentation and support; mission operations service; advanced intelligence data processing, exploitation, and dissemination solutions; and tailored hardware and software mission-system tools. AEVEX uses agile and customized approaches to rapidly define, develop, and deliver specialized solutions for airborne special mission needs for the U.S. Government, partner nations, and commercial businesses. AEVEX has major offices in California, Massachusetts, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia.