More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
A UAS Pilot I will be responsible for executing UAS missions for a variety of Duke Energy business units, in a variety of geographic locations, leveraging a variety of aircraft and sensors.
- 50%: Pilot Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), act as a Visual Observer (VO), or Payload Operator (PO) in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as company directives.
- 10%: Communicate directly with internal and external stakeholders regarding mission planning and execution of assigned activities.
- 10%: Manage data collected via UAS and perform data quality assurance tasks to ensure accurate data is used in reports, databases, and file structures. Provides complete and accurate data sets to UAS Data/Sensor Specialists.
- 10%: Performs pre-mission planning, flight notifications, automation planning, pre-job briefings, risk assessments, debriefings, and post-mission reporting in accordance with the Flight Operations Manual (FOM).
- 5%: Identifies and troubleshoots UAS maintenance discrepancies and performs minor systems integration and maintenance tasks.
- 5%: Accurately reports flight time, maintenance discrepancies, and accidents in accordance with federal regulations and guidance as well as company policy.
- 5%: Actively participates in the Aviation Services Safety Management System (SMS).
- 5%: Other non-flying tasks supporting the execution of UAS Missions and the continued integration of the technology at Duke Energy.