UAS Subject Matter Expert
Berry Aviation •
, Florida, United States
The UAS Subject Matter Expert (SME) will provide Government Support to USSOCOM AT&L PEO SR, PM RC. The SME will provide evaluations, generate requirement documents, and maintain status rollups for ongoing operations.
- Develop required documentation to be issued as solicitation to industry based off end user constraints and needs.
- Perform technology evaluations including but not limited to: UAS platforms, ISR sensors, Communication and Control, Multi-Int sensors, SATCOM links, and PNT solutions.
- Coordinate and schedule ground testing and flight-testing events with industry contractors and Government evaluation teams.
- Generate ISR Asset rollups utilizing contractor provided flight reports.
- Coordinate with industry contractors and Government entities to generate/acquire proper documents related to UAS operations such flight worthiness documents and waivers.
- Work with engineering teams utilizing autopilot and PNT logs to investigate UAS mishaps or unexpected phenomena.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant Engineering Field; or
- 5+ years experience with operational DoD UAS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- TS/SCI Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with Group 1-3 autopilot(s)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment consisting of a team spanning CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Bachelors Degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
- Part 107 License
- UAS Ground Station Operation Experience
- UAS Piloting Experience
- Familiarity with Signals Intelligence UAS payloads
- Ability to work in SCIF
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods (hot and cold)
- Support short notice CONUS travel for flight demo/operations
- Up to 20% travel
Berry Aviation, Inc. is firmly committed to fairness and equality in the workplace. We value and recognize the unique backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of all employees. It is the policy of Berry Aviation Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, or citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Berry Aviation, Inc. will comply fully with all applicable federal, state, or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation participates in E-Verify.
For additional information:
Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)