UAS/UAV Flight Operator
FLIR Systems, Inc. •
FLIR is currently looking to fill the role of a Flight Operator. Within this position, the Flight Operator will be working with systems and equipment in various stages of research and development (R&D). The Flight Operator will be expected to work as part of either a two-person flight team or a single person flight team to test the capabilities and limitations of the UAS equipment during the development process.
Flight Operators are responsible for tracking and logging all aspects of the flight tests, including but not limited to:
- Ground testing
- Preflight testing
- Flight testing
- Post-flight testing
- Hardware testing
- Software testing
- Parameter testing
The position will require that the Flight Operator is capable of flying on a daily basis at one of our local flying locations. Future development will require traveling for demonstrations, training, and services. Ideally, we are seeking a full-time Flight Operator to start work immediately.
- Prior experience piloting fixed wing and multirotor UAVs.
- Current part 107 certification.
- Ability to be approved for US State Department security clearance.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel regularly to customer sites.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Good communication skills and teamwork spirit.
- Troubleshoot in-field issues with remote technical support.
- Aptitude for data collection and record keeping.
- Experience with QGroundControl
- Experience using Mission Planner
- Experience with Pixhawk
- Experience conducting air reconnaissance, surveillance, targeting and acquisition missions
- Experience building and repairing UAVs
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook applications
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)