Unmanned Systems Operator III (Drone & Other ROV's)
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
The senior-level Unmanned Systems Operator III focuses on supporting routine and rapid response of small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) inspections throughout the Dominion Energy operating footprint. Additional responsibilities will include conducting sUAS training, consulting, and data processing. This position is based out of Richmond, VA but will entail frequent travel across the Dominion Energy footprint (CT, MD, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, OH, IN, UT, ID, WY, CA).
Responsibilities and duties:
- Operate with a safety mindset at all times;
- Develop flight plans, check NOTAMS, check weather and coordinate airspace integration with any affected controlling agencies or privately-owned properties;
- Conduct pre-mission briefs and complete safety risk assessments prior to flight as well as after-action reviews upon post-flight;
- May be responsible for entire inspection projects having modest and or considerable scope and impact to department or serving business unit;
- Responsible for company vehicle and high dollar unmanned systems;
- Maintain strict compliance with all FAA Part 107 sUAS rules and regulations;
- Execute UAS operations in accordance with Dominion Energy procedures;
- Solve complex problems and provide a new perspective on existing solutions;
- Lead and conduct training classes and act as a resource for colleagues with less experience;
- Collaborate with coworkers, partners and clients on projects;
- Serve as the face of the company on the ground, providing superior customer service;
- Perform minor integration and maintenance on the aircraft;
- Travel frequently (overnight travel up to 75%, additional day trip travel required beyond the overnight travel requirement)
Other Working Conditions
- Travel 76- 100%
- Office Work Environment Up to 25%
- Loud Noise Up to 25%
- Outdoors 76-100%
- Will be lifting up to 50 lbs independently;
- Work involves walking through brush, heavily wooded areas, and on uneven terrain;
- Will be standing for several hours at a time;
- Work takes place primarily outside in all weather conditions.
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click heredombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.