The VO’s duties include conducting operational flights and overseeing vehicle performance, flying qualities, and capabilities of UAS systems.
• Conduct pre-flight planning to include operational briefings, analyzing weather forecasts, Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs), and airspace requirements.
• Execute operational needs and mission requirements for each customer.
• Document and complete pre/post UAS logs.
• Perform equipment testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• Document inventory of UAS spares/components and maintenance actions.
• Communicate and coordinate with internal and external entities for safe flight operations.
• Stand, sit, stoop, squat, crouch, crawl, walk, run, and climb or descend stairs.
• Carry a UAS approximately (55 lbs.)
• Must be willing to travel to customer sites as required, may include travel in personal vehicle.
• Approved expenses will be reimbursed by the company guidelines.