Juniper Unmanned •
A Visual Observer (VO) at Juniper is responsible for supporting field data acquisition with a variety of tools including unmanned aircraft and remote sensors. You will frequently travel across the region to acquire high quality data in a safe, effective, and compliant manner. As a Visual Observer, you will take direction from the Data Acquisition Manager and Project Manager, who provide all information needed to accomplish a mission. During data collection, you will support the Pilot In Command by handling client/pedestrian communications, equipment setup and takedown, maintaining line of sight of the aircraft, assessing risk, communicating effectively, problem-solving and supporting data transfer. The role of the VO is critical to the success of the crew and inspection operation by allowing the PIC to fly as safe as possible. During flight operations, you must be able to politely mitigate any pedestrian interruptions to the PIC, relay critical flight obstructions (trees or wires), and provide any other assistance in contributing to the efficiency and safety of the operation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent the company with a professional, positive, can-do attitude.
- Travel throughout the United States, 75-100% of the time. Having a flexible schedule and limited outside engagements are helpful.
- Work with team members to determine the most efficient and logical flight paths.
- Have excellent verbal communication skills for PIC guidance and customer interaction.
- Keen sense of direction and ability to geo-reference digital assets to the physical landscape.
- Experience with ArcGIS Collector software is a plus.
- Ability to walk several miles per day.
- Perform compliance checks, airspace reviews, mission planning, and mission debriefs.
- Support data acquisition for comprehensive visual inspection and operate equipment such as small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS), GPS, and other data acquisition equipment to meet project requirements.
- Solve real-time problems, both technical and mechanical, and perform limited equipment repairs in the field.
- Maintain a level of readiness and in-depth knowledge on the unmanned aircraft systems being used by Juniper Unmanned.
- Maintain the appropriate certifications and qualifications necessary for the operations performed by the company.
- Custodian the equipment owned or operated by the company by keeping it secure, safe, and treating it responsibly.
- Enter and maintain personal and company records into the Juniper Unmanned operations record system.
- Perform other duties as assigned to contribute to the team’s success.
- Contribute to the team with an understanding that the industry is constantly evolving.
- Part 107 certificate or the ability to obtain it before starting work.
- Understanding of FAA Part 107 regulations and procedures.
- Understanding of proper checklist, manual, and SOP use and integration.
- Demonstrates competency in operational logistics and field operations.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of record management, flight log management, maintenance log management, and training folder requirements.
- All candidates must successfully pass a background check
High School Diploma and equivalent work experience in UAS, GIS, Remote Sensing or a related field.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)