ONIT Aviation is currently seeking Contract - Harness Installation Designer - in GAC Savannah
Candidate shall not be a foreign national and must be legally qualified to work on an ITAR project. Aerospace experience is required.
Knowledge of Catia V5 is required.
Candidate must be able to design wire harness assemblies and installations utilizing the Catia V5 Electrical and Sheet Metal Work Benches.
Must have intimate knowledge of an ability to assign wires/cables to their correct harness assembly, based on EMI/EMC and system separation or system functionality requirements, while meeting all installation and maintainability requirements.
Candidate must possess knowledge of regulatory guidance material relative to aircraft harness design.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and computer skills (Catia V5, Catia V4, PC/MS Office) are required.
2D Drawing Design Preferred Job description: Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
See Other Requirements in Job Description.
5 yrs in the specific technical discipline or
10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or
3 yrs in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or
1 yr in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
3. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Languages Required (in addition to English): No Selection
Requisition Number: 126041
Number of Openings: 6.0