Accounting Assistant - Denver, CO.
Mountain Aviation, Inc. •
****Mountain Aviation is hosting open interviews on Friday July 27, 2018 from 10am to 2pm in Broomfield, Colorado.****
Please register by copy + pasting the following link into your browser
OR visit our website www.mountainaviation.com and click on the banner.
****We would love to see you there****
Here at Mountain Aviation, nestled in beautiful Colorado, we strive to provide our owners and customers customized and unique air transportation experiences through an environment that fosters continuous improvement, teamwork and growth for our employees.
Did we mention, we are in the amazing and beautiful State of Colorado? With the Rocky Mountains just steps away, we offer a flexible schedule, competitive salary, and professional growth for our employees.
We are currently looking for a qualified accounting specialist to assist in day-to-day financial tasks at our headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado
Does a flexible schedule allowing for time with friends and family, professional growth, and amazing co-workers sound good to you? Do you thrive in a team setting? Does aviation excite you? Then this is the job for you, don’t waste any more time, apply now…….
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate accounting of revenue and expense transactional activity and verification to include flight activity, maintenance, and operating expenses. This position will assist the Accounts Receivable Specialist, the Accounts Payable Specialist, and the Controller. This is an exciting position with a fast-growing company that requires an agile mind, a willingness to grow, current technological skills with databases (ability to create Excel spreadsheets, for example), and a daily desire to win!
- Interface between accounting and operations, ensuring all details are documented accurately for purposes of reporting and billing.
- Process and reconcile aircraft expenses daily and calculate and ensure proper payments of per diem and reimbursements
- Assist with processing accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Accurate revenue recognition of charter flight activity
- Reconciliation of flight activity and maintenance work orders
- Work with sales team to ensure all details of the trips are accurately reported for the timely billing of private charter clients
- Work with the maintenance team to report aircraft engine hours and accounts receivables to accurately invoice work orders
- Ledger reconciliation and financial reporting of subsidiary organizations
- Reconciliation of credit card expenses and billing payments
- Assists with settlement as needed for business segments
- Works with internal teams to resolve unidentified cash receipts
- Cross trains on various business segments within the department
- Researches and performs data analysis and performance metrics as directed by management team
- Maintains positive and successful relationships with other functional areas in the company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong comfort with system processes and ability to successfully research and resolve issues, both from a system and accounting perspective
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality
- Demonstrates ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Ability to interact professionally and courteously
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to proactively initiate projects that will improve processes
- Ability to proactively work with department leaders and multiple levels of management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Intermediate to advanced skillset in MS Office (specifically Excel)
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline plus 1-2 years of experience in an accounting role – or -
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- Work is performed in an office setting with prolonged periods of sedentary activity.
- Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance available first the of the month following date of hire
- Company paid Life, LTD, and AD&D
- 401k with 3% company match at 3 months
This job description does not constitute an employment contract and does not alter the at-will-employment agreement between Mountain Aviation and the incumbent. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Operational Accounting Specialist. The list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required.
Job Ident #: