OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Payroll Accountant – ensures the integrity and accuracy of compensation, preparing and reviewing disbursements for payroll prior to finalizing. The Payroll Accountant – handles processing related to compensation costs. The Payroll Accountant will assist employees who have questions, or need help related to compensation or deductions. The company maintains a high standard in internal controls and this position will participate and document the execution of controls for management and auditors. This role will support Payroll Manager and ensure timely preparation of payroll disbursements and related payments.
- Prepare payrolls on multiple Bristow entities.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and meet all deadlines associated with personnel costs.
- Continually work to improve accuracy in business processes while maintaining high standards for internal controls for the business.
- Communicate with Human Resources, managers and employees on topics related to payroll and compensation costs.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll entries into accounting records.
- Perform assigned SOX controls critical to the close process to ensure compliance with the company’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of internal process documentation
- Participate in quarterly audit requests for external and internal audits, and other miscellaneous audit efforts of US.
- Work closely with team members to help achieve a timely month end close each month
- Ad Hoc requests, schedules, and reports
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of work experience
- College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of systems, preferably Workday and SAP.
- Experience working in a large company is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate, summarize, and present information clearly to audiences with different backgrounds and at different levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and investigative skills, persistent to identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and reconciliations in timely manner
- Strong computer literacy including SAP, MS office, and strong Excel skills.
- Close attention to detail
- Professional acumen and protective of confidential information.
- Works well with others to solve concerns and talk through questions employees may have around paychecks.
- Ability to manage priorities, focus on the key issues, meet deadlines, and work well in team environments.
Bristow Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.