What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Lead Avionics Technician is responsible for repair of all company aircraft Maintenance Issues with an emphasis on avionics systems and wire repair. Consistently demonstrates a high degree of expertise in troubleshooting and repair of aircraft mechanical and electrical systems. Must be highly motivated, detail orientated, organized, and have the ability to multitask. Must be able to work independently and possess a high level of initiative for the research, troubleshooting and repair of all aircraft issues.
- Repair aircraft issues with an emphasis on avionics and wire repairs.
- Remain constantly alert for defective, worn or failed parts as well as Unsafe working conditions.
- During the course of normal operations, the Avionics Tech. must be prepared to work with various Company hired agents at sites throughout the world to procure maintenance services and support, as needed to repair/fix the aircraft.
- Understand aircraft maintenance histories and possess skill needed to execute effective maintenance actions.
- When the Avionics Tech. is exercising his/her authority under the RII provisions of this manual, he/she will be directly responsible to the Director of Quality Control
- Attend all Company training classes as assigned by the AOG Team Supervisor.
- Minimum of three (3) years, proven line maintenance experience with emphasis in avionics troubleshooting and repair on large aircraft.
- Work independently and in team settings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully complete a DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and a DOT/FAA compliant background check
- Shall hold a valid Airframe and Powerplant license (FAR 121.378a)
- Shall have a valid passport, and Drivers License
- Must demonstrated high level professional integrity and ethical standards.
- Above average Communication skills
- Must be available for 3 day travel regional travel events for AOG aircraft.
Preferred Job Skills:
- B 757/767 aircraft; Parts 121, 125, 145; Heavy transport category aircraft experience
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to travel as needed
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to work at heights up to 80 feet
- Work from ladders up to 10 feet
- Climb up to 3 flights of stairs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Companys policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc