AVIONICS TECHNICIAN (ANCHORAGE, AK))
The Avionics Technician will perform their duties and responsibilities as listed below in support of the company’s 14 CFR Part 145 Certified Repair Station and Part 135 Air Carrier Certificate. These duties may include extensive travel at times. They will be expected to possess the experience and knowledge listed in the Minimum Qualification section below to ensure the maintenance and alterations performed on company aircraft are in accordance with the appropriate technical data and in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. The Avionics Technician will report directly to the Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Current FAA Airframe Mechanic certificate (or be able to obtain within 4 months of hire)
- 5 years field maintenance experience maintaining avionics systems in modern complex aircraft operated on an air carrier (14 CFR Part 135) certificate
- 3 years experience performing installations of avionics systems in modern complex aircrafts.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot and repair electrical and avionics systems
- Ability and willingness to gain a thorough knowledge of the company’s General Maintenance Manual, SOP Manual, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
- Ability and willingness to work days, nights, weekends, and be on-call 24 hours a day during the scheduled duty period assigned
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote operating bases and remain on site until the aircraft has been repaired, returned to service, and confirmation that the repair applied has corrected the reported fault.
- Possess sound judgment and objectivity in critical decision-making situations
- Possess honesty, integrity and a commitment to maintaining a safe and compliant aircraft
- Computer skills to include a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Current FAA Airframe Mechanic certificate
- 10 years of aircraft avionics field maintenance experience with an EMS operator
- 5 years of experience maintaining aircraft avionics systems working as a repairman for a 14 CFR 145 Certified Repair Station
- 5 years of experience maintaining avionics systems on Pilatus PC-12's and King Air C90's aircraft
Job Ident #: