Avionics Installer Sr. - ID:2130032783 - Savannah, GA
Strom Aviation •
Type of aircraft: Corporate
Longevity: 1+ year (Long Term)
Type of work environment: Production
Leads, supports, and assists the efforts of technicians performing avionics installations. Fabricates wire harnesses, installs, terminates, ring-out, and assists in functional test of avionics/electrical systems.
- Provides work direction to technicians.
- Ensures completion of tasks within allotted time frame.
- Coordinates with and assists other departments to ensure on-time delivery of aircraft.
- Installs/modifies/fabricates wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, engineering drawings.
- Trains other team members in associated work assignments.
- Uses ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of employees and techniques.
- Completes work in innovative and effective ways
- Assists Engineering in resolving problems and makes repairs per engineering direction.
- Maintains required logs and records.
- Ensures that work accomplished meets applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications.
- Enforces the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- Checks all work, including other team members, to ensure a defect free assembly prior to final inspection.
: 1. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor. 2. Coordinate shift changes in team leaders absence. 3. Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.) 4. Assists and fills in for team coordinator as required. 5. Performs other duties as assigned.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Understanding of aircraft wiring drawings
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and two (2) years related aviation aircraft experience; or four (4) years experience aviation avionics/electronic experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams.
Other Requirements: 1. Possess a working knowledge of the Gulfstream Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications. 2. Possess the proven ability to move to new tasks with only a minimal, short-term impact to established goal hours and schedule. 3. Strong written and verbal skills required. 4. Computer keyboard skills necessary.
Call for Details
Call for Details
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)