Avionics Tech II
Thoroughbred Aviation Maintenance •
Thoroughbred Aviation Maintenance is currently hiring experienced avionics techs. Avionics techs II are responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and repair of avionics and electrical systems on aircraft. You will be working with fixed wing aircraft and helicopters. Prior experience is required, especially troubleshooting and completing 2 year checks (RVSM experience preferred).
We offer compensation in line with industry standards, health insurance, life insurance, vision and dental insurance. We also offer an informal work environment with a small, ‘start-up’ culture. Pay will be $25-32 per hour starting, depending on experience. Relocation allowances may be available based on experience.
Daily job tasks will include:
Other jobs tasks may include:
- Troubleshooting failures and faults in wiring and systems
- Listening to customer squawks, diagnosing issues, creating discrepancy lists.
- Completing repairs or assisting the avionics manager in assigning corrective actions to other technicians.
- Performing 2 year checks, including repairing pitot/static leaks.
- Removing interior or exterior panels and furnishings to facilitate access
- Removing old components and wiring
- Tracing wiring
- Installing new components and instruments
- Troubleshooting component failures
- Repairing basic DC circuits
Interested person can contact Joe Otte at Thoroughbred Aviation Maintenance.
- At least 5 year years experience in the avionics field
- Training or demonstrated proficiency with 2 year checks (RVSM experience preferred)
- Experience on fixed wing (GA through corporate) and rotorcraft
- A&P license preferred, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
$25-$32 per hour DOE
Job Ident #: