Avionics Technician (CTH)
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Dallas Service Center is centrally located at Love Field Airport, and is the home of the Service Center Network headquarters. With its dedicated staff of over 110, the facility features 100,000 sq ft of space and is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled heavy maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Canada, Brazil, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Mexico and South Africa.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for an Avionics Technician based in Dallas, TX.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hangar positions
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, modify and service aircraft avionics, electrical and electronic equipment
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist other maintenance disciplines
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
- You have avionics/electric aircraft technical school or other substantiated equivalent
- You typically have 0 – 2 years of avionics work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have the ability to read and understand electrical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory and control of tools
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment (GSE) qualifications as required
- You are able and willing to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
- You have an A Certification, P Certification, or A&P Certificate - preferred
- You have GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate - preferred
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft - preferred
- You have basic PC skills - preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC