Quality Inspector, Mechanical Asemblies
PDS Tech, Inc. •
- Perform receiving inspection on supplied Mechanical parts.
- Perform in-process inspection during Mechanical part build up.
- Perform final inspection on completed Mechanical parts.
- Perform final inspection on the completed Work Order paperwork package.
- Perform ad hoc part and process inspections.
- Document and relay nonconformance information.
- Conduct first article inspection and generate first article inspection reports in compliance with SAE AS9102 (as required).
- Conduct Foreign Object Damage (FOD) inspections/audits.
- High-school diploma or GED plus three (3) years of on-the-job experience as a mechanical inspector in related discipline.
- OR seven (7) years of on-the-job experience as a mechanical inspector or related discipline.
- Ability to use basic hand measuring tools (such as micrometers, calipers, and rulers).
- Understand how to measure using surface plate layouts.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and must understand the x, y, z coordinate system.
- Ability to read and interpret quality control specifications, blueprint drawings and engineering specifications including mechanical and electrical symbols and conventions, key, critical, major and minor characteristics.
- Must know basic quality terms, definitions, and concepts.
- Must understand types of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales.
- Must know the difference between accuracy and precision and be able to select the appropriate measuring tools and techniques.
- Must have basic calibration knowledge.
- Must be able to identify/recognize inspection errors and nonconformances and initiate corrective action.
- Must understand sample size requirements for lots and pulling random samples.
- Must understand traceability (product, material, and calibration).
- Ability to work within a team environment.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)