A Bachelor’s degree in aeronautical or mechanical engineering.
A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in a related field would be considered an asset.
Any of the above degrees with an aircraft structures specialization would be considered an asset.
Eligibility for membership as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (PEO).
• Extensive structural analysis experience with an aircraft manufacturer, or aircraft repair and overhaul facility, or an organization that performs and documents major aircraft structural modifications;
• Significant experience in the certification of aeronautical products or structural modifications to aeronautical products in accordance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations or another regulatory system; and
• Basic experience in conducting Finite Element Analysis of aircraft structures using ANSYS or MSC/Nastran and preparing structural analysis reports.
• Experience leading teams;
• Experience managing projects;
• Industrial or government experience in providing airworthiness oversight for a fleet of aircraft; and
• Qualifications equivalent to a Transport Canada Design Approval Representative (Structures).
• Solid knowledge of aerospace structures and related design and analysis techniques;
• Ability to analyze structures with computer based tools (eg. finite element analysis, etc.);
• Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS); and
• Knowledge of project management concepts and principles.
Condition of Employment
• Secret (II). A Secret clearance must be obtained within 12 months of employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) from the Ottawa Airport Pass Control Office.
• Working conditions: This position requires work to be performed on and around aircraft, and candidates must be physically able to perform the duties of this position. These duties include: working from elevated platforms, lifting moderate weights, and wearing personal protective equipment such as a respirator and safety goggles. The candidate is expected to work with chemicals and materials commonly found in the aircraft industry.
• Ability to fly as a member of FRL aircraft crew.
To have a French version of this job advertisement, please go to our Career website at : https://recruitment-recrutement.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/job/Ottawa-Ing%C3%A9nieur-ou-ing%C3%A9nieure-en-navigabilit%C3%A9-ON/533790717/
Pour avoir une version française de cette annonce veuillez consulter notre site Carrière à l'adresse suivante : https://recruitment-recrutement.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/job/Ottawa-Ing%C3%A9nieur-ou-ing%C3%A9nieure-en-navigabilit%C3%A9-ON/533790717/