STS Technical Services is hiring Process Engineers in Whitehall, Michigan.
- Candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the shell processes are performed in compliance with the methods, materials and equipment specifications as detailed in the BU manual, business operating procedures, and customer requirements.
- Foster continuous improvement utilizing Six Sigma methodology, Process Management, SPC to reduce variation and improve capability.
- Contribute to the development of corporate best practices for raw materials, manufacturing techniques, control metrics, analysis, and new equipment specifications.
- Responsible for determination of the root cause of any deviation from critical process specifications or downstream product specifications and providing technical support to resolve shell related issues.
- Work with facilites and finance departments to plan and execute projects, including capital improvements.
- Institute proper project monitoring, follow-up, and feedback system to ensure financial and contract targets are met (i.e. yields, rework)
- Educate operators about the process and proper procedures, including creating/revising work instructions and training materials.
- BS degree in Materials Science or Ceramic Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Previous internship or lab experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
About STS Technical Services:
- Experience in investment casting is preferred, specifically in the areas of slurry production and control, firing of ceramics
- Knowledge of basic robotic programming
- Knowledge of MS Office, Minitab, JMP, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Arconic Process Management a plus.
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.