Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Provide structures analytical support for commercial and military programs, with responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of gas-turbine compressor components. This includes airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems.
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
- Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Use FE and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, damage tolerance, containment, kinematic and optimization analyses.
- Participate on multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
- Provide oversight and technical guidance for less experienced engineers and outsourced tasks.
- Coordinate with others to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Document and present results to management and external customers.
- BS Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or equivalent
- 5+ years of Engineering experience or structural analysis OR
- 3+ years with an advance degree
- US Citizenship or US Persons due to government contracts
- The ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- MS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- The preferred candidate will also have strong communication and task coordination skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills using FEM for stress/deflection, vibration, and performing LCF, HCF, Fracture Mechanics or Kinematics analyses.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working onsite roles will work onsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.