PDS Tech Commercial is seeking candidates for a Senior Static Stress Engineer position in Wichita, KS
This position supports the development of aircraft structures as a strength analyst. Duties include performing static analysis for both metallic and non-metallic parts. Methods include the use of both classical hand calculations and computer techniques to develop high strength to weight ratio structures.
- Perform stress/strength analyses to verify that structural integrity requirements have been met. Assignments may include detail part sizing, layout maturation, trade study analysis, weight reduction efforts, certification activity, or in-service support.
- Document analysis in support of trade studies or detail drawing sign-out for wing airframe structure. Contact customers, suppliers, and/or subcontractors to exchange technical data and to discuss project performance.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of classical and numerical (Finite Element) stress analysis methods.
- Provide leadership and on-the-job training for less experienced structural analysts.
- Interpret complex information to derive or design components of a product, and integrate these within the relevant disciplines within the business.
- Resolve technical problems that would critically affect performance, cost, or schedule.
- Provide program related and technical guidance to engineering project teams.
- Accept broad objectives with agreed deadlines, but establish the tasks required and how they should be completed. Capable of working independently.
- Ensure application of best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- Utilize tool sets at an accomplished/mastery level.
- Technical signature authority in assigned discipline if appropriate.