SES - Science & Engineering Services •
Buyer II will be responsible for the procurement of a wide variety of commodities and/or services, some of which may be highly technical and require complex procurement standards and procedures such as cost/price analysis and negotiation.
• Reviews requisitions, plans, prepares invitations for bids/requests for proposals and purchase orders, evaluates bids, and conducts market research.
• Utilizes the FAR and DFARS daily for compliance.
• Works with various departments on a daily basis such as program management, planning, manufacturing operations accounting, quality, and engineering, shipping, and receiving.
• Assists and advises user agency staff and maintains contacts with vendors.
• Requires daily use of high-level communication- including written and verbal skills.
• Performs other duties as assigned
BS/BA in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Contracts/Procurement, Finance/Accounting or equitable field required. *Master’s degree a plus
• 2-3 years minimum purchasing experience with a working knowledge of the Federal procurement rules and regulations. Experience in buying equipment, supplies, parts, services and other unique commodities a plus.
• Note: In lieu of years of 3 years’ experience candidates with Master’s Degree in relevant field of study listed above may be considered or if degree is in non–related field at least 5 years of experience may be considered
• Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance if/when required
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)