Type of aircraft: Commercial
Longevity: 6+ Months
Quick feedback: YES call a recruiter today – 1800-743-8988
Type of work environment: MRO
POSITION SUMMARY: Skilled level in performing work relating to aircraft interior installation, repair and removal due to aging, customization or modification. Interiors Technician repairs, builds, troubleshoots and performs installation and fabrication work on pieces found within the aircraft interior. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs skilled work independently or with others under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of aircraft systems and theory of operations.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting knowledge and skills with minimum error.
- Repair, remove and install upholstery, carpeting, sound-proofing mechanisms, lighting, cabinets, or wall panels independently or with others with minimal supervision.
- Removal, disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing and reinstalling as needed of aircraft cabin furnishings and equipment as doors, galleys, lavatories, seats, overhead compartments, and panels independently or with others with minimal supervision.
- Able to read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, service bulletins, aircraft manuals and catalogs and be able to perform complex cabin reconfiguration.
- Using hand tools and necessary equipment perform skilled mechanical work as necessary or instructed.
- Records his or her time worked as directed by his or her supervisor.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed. Complies with all safety procedures at all times, without exception.
- Performs work standards that meet and comply with all federal, customer and company policies and procedures which apply to him or her.
- Knowledge of basic aviation including: components and zones of the aircraft, LOTO, PPE, Haz Waste, proper use of GSE and other regulatory requirements.
- Reads maintenance manuals, work instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order/task card documentation, logs, parts tags, and time and material records, as instructed.