Provide in-house aircraft interiors design services and industrial technical skill through the utilization of interior design software programs, tools and classical or innovative design practices. Create and/or refine a full range of interiors project design requirements for VIP/VVIP interior aircraft completions. Champion the design, build and outfitting of VIP/VVIP Customer Design Center. Maintain the Design Center sample library, produce sample color and material presentation boards and reference books, building superior customer and supplier relationships. Generate layouts, sketches or other images to illustrate floor plans and design concepts and schemes. Directly support multiple company departments including Sales & Marketing, Procurement, Project Management, Engineering and Production.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Support both the Sales and Engineering Project Management teams by fulfilling specific requests for:
a) Preliminary floor plans
b) Aircraft interior component(s) definition
c) Material specifications and selection
2. Prepare renderings, 2D & 3D sketches/drawings and other required data to support proposals, design milestone meetings. Examples include LOPA’s, Interior Elevations, Design Control Drawings and Detailed Design Definition Packages.
3. Maintain a VVIP Customer Design Center through continuous contact with suppliers of a wide range of materials including fabrics, leathers, veneers, flooring, and other fixtures.
4. Support the aircraft modification/completion team which may include:
a) Drawing updates from design reviews
b) Create and maintain the project material specification and finishes document
c) Vendor interface for material samples or unprocurable alternates
d) Assist production with the definition of any material specific requirements and quantities and look after the document design of the aircraft as it is built to ensure that it meets the approved design to include support of First Article Inspections.
5. Participate in designer/customer design definition meetings.