High School Diploma/GED. Two (2) years
experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand
tools used in upholstery and carpet trades. Experience in aerospace
minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and
make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering
drawings and aircraft specifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and
aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains.
May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft
2. Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides,
composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing
equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
3. Cut and
surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels. May be
responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows,
cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and
4. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand,
track squawks and to sign-off work.
1. Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and
implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle
time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process
2. Use the material tracking system, Corridor,
to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work.
with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective
equipment as required.
4. Address unsafe conditions before putting
others as risk.
5. Performs other duties as required.
1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand
proficiently the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret
blueprints and engineering documentation.
3. Ability to use measuring
tools and perform basic math computations.
4. Must be computer
literate. 5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted
areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.