Freedom Aviation, located at the Lynchburg Regional Airport, is looking for an A & P Technician for our FAA Certified Repair Station. Airframe & Powerplant Certificate required. Strong work history and mechanical ability required.
Great work environment - at Freedom Aviation you are a person, not a number. Excellent benefits package available: extremely generous medical coverage, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, and life insurance. 401(k) with a match. Compensation based on experience.
Freedom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The primary responsibility of an A & P Technician is to complete aviation maintenance tasks in accordance with current Freedom Aviation policies and procedures, manufacturer instructions, and FAA regulations applicable to the maintenance and alteration of aviation products and appliances. Responsible for performing maintenance, preventative maintenance, repairs, and alterations to aircraft, aircraft systems, and their parts/components. The technician should have a working knowledge of aviation maintenance practices and Freedom Aviation forms, programs, and operations. Must be able to perform all tasks in a timely manner and in accordance with current Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s instructions, operator’s general maintenance manuals, and any other approved data.
- Ensure parts removed from aircraft or part thereof are correctly tagged and preserved
- Verify all forms and documents entered into the Repair Station log are complete, accurate, and legible
- Assist in initiating stores requisitions for the replacement of parts and/or components
- Ensure repairs and alterations to parts and components are accomplished in an airworthy fashion
- Notify crew chief when conditions arise that may cause a delay in performing assigned duties
- Ensure all work areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition
- All other duties as assigned