A&P Mechanic - Crestview, Florida 11934
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an A&P Mechanic with Fighter Jet or General Aviation experience for an opportunity in Destin, FL
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Mechanic III will apply organizational and intermediate to advanced level maintenance such that the company owned aircraft, to include the BAC-167 Strikemaster, Jet Provost, IAR-823, A-90 Raider, and Little Bird helicopter, are serviced, repaired, inspected, and maintained according to approved data.
- Report to the Shift Lead/Maintenance Manager any safety issues/incidents/concerns as it happens;
- Assists in intermediate repairs and modifications with Shift Lead and/or Maintenance Manager; may be asked to assist in advanced to extreme repairs for professional development;
- Ensures hangar and work areas are neat, clean, orderly and in accordance with Blue Air Instruction vol 4.;
- Maintain repairs and modify aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty;
- Maintain and repair aircraft components, including flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components;
- Apply technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation;
- Apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals;
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts;
- Exercise basic knowledge of electrical theory and aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers;
- Exercise knowledge of technical publications;
- Make entries in aircraft logs and records;
- Complies with company maintenance and logistics procedures and policies;
- Complies with FAA regulations as applicable;
- Know and understand the functions and requirements of computerized maintenance software;
- Provides technical guidance to lower-level technicians
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum eight (8) years experience working on fixed wing reciprocating or turbine engine aircraft Commercial part 121, 135, 145 or military background highly desired.
- Must have Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- Must be familiar with, able to read and understand the Federal Aviation Regulations and manufacturer manuals.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently or part of a team.
- Must possess excellent communication and people skills, to include problem solving, organizational, and computer skills.
- Must be willing to travel. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have knowledge of airframe, engine (turbine/piston), propeller and hydraulic systems.
- Must have knowledge of aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications—read, interpret, follow, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications.
- Must have knowledge of flight line operations, i.e. aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards.
- Must have working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Knowledge of the use of hand and special tools, and testers is required.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a Mechanic III in daily work performance.
- Must be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) and must not be barred from any government installation.
- Must be able to lift a minimum fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to stand, lift overhead, bend, crouch, and climb a ladder.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #: