A&P Mechanic - Houston, Texas 14538
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
A&P Mechanic - Lear
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Lear Crew Chief with corporate jet repair experience for an opportunity in Houston, Texas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on aircraft and engines. Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components and engines are accomplished by this position. Maintenance experience with Lear is required.
The A&P Mechanic is responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting, and discrepancy resolution.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate is required.
- Corporate aviation training preferred (3-5 years). This training may take the form of military training, aeronautical academy or technical school training and/or an Aviation Associates Degree.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and/or power tools.
- Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #: