Wipaire, Inc. •
Wipaire, Inc., is looking to hire an A&P Mechanic for our South St. Paul, MN facility. We offer first shift positions in a clean, air conditioned work environment. In addition, we are open to hiring individuals on a part time basis individuals with aircraft maintenance experience who do not have their A&P license.
We are a general aviation industry leader in diversified aviation services and have been recognized for quality products, services and technological innovations. Wipaire is a privately held company that has been in business for over 55 years. We provide a truly unique and rewarding work environment that values employees, along with their contributions to the success of the company.
The A & P Mechanic inspects, repairs, and modifies aircraft structures and structural components; maintains & repairs aircraft components; determines equipment malfunctions; interprets technical documentation; and restores equipment condition and/or operation.
1. Ensures that all aircraft are airworthy.
a. Performs annual aircraft inspections. Documents all areas needing maintenance.
b. Performs repairs and maintenance, following workbook instructions, according to industry and Wipaire standards and to meet FAA regulations.
c. Maintains and repairs aircraft components. Assembles and installs flight controls, engines, pneumatics, fuel systems, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulics, mechanical components and accessories.
d. Repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components.
e. Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions. Examines and inspects aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and de-icers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems.
f. Maintains, repairs, and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts such as wings and fuselage, rigging, hydraulic units, oxygen systems, fuel systems, electrical systems, gaskets, and seals.
g. Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufacturers’ manuals.
h. Ensures all safety and regulatory related requirements are met.
2. Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance, as needed.
Qualifications/knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Two to three years’ minimum general aviation aircraft mechanic experience preferred.
- Airframe & Power Plant (A & P) license preferred.
- Ability to meet FAA regulatory and safety requirements in all aspects of the work.
- Perform lifting of supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Hear, speak and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Stand, squat, reach, kneel, bend, and twist/turn for extended periods of time and perform long hours of work in the shop and hangar, repairing and maintaining aircraft.
- Must be able to use hand tools, including wrenches, hammers, power tools, and other tools used in testing aircraft and parts, and a computer, phone, and photocopier.
- Must have all required tools designated within 90 days of starting employment.
- Must comply with Wipaire FOD prevention plan
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC