Aircraft Maintenance Technician - A&P
Four Points Aero Services, LLC •
Now hiring experienced Aircraft Technician to work in our service center in completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and inspections to complex modifications and repairs on various types of corporate aircraft.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform general to complex maintenance task on assigned aircraft and related items. This shall include, but not limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Perform aircraft mechanic duties that require an advance level of knowledge, training of junior level technicians or troubleshooting repairs.
- Examines, disassembles and inspects engines, parts or other components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks or other non-conformities or deficiencies.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks, including but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging and hydraulic units.
- Tests engine and system operations using testing equipment and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Remove engine from aircraft or installs engine using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassemble and or modify aircraft structures, systems or components, follow drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjusts, aligns and calibrates aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair of shop facility equipment and tooling when required. Work independently on projects when required.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience maintaining, inspecting, servicing and repairing corporate aircraft.
- FAA A&P License and high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be available for road trips.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to include nights, weekends and /or holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Routine standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting or stooping.
- Manual work requires routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
- Work is performed in a hangar environment subject to extreme temperature variations from very cold to very hot.
- Work schedule assignments will be made based on business need along with demonstrated level of knowledge, skills and experience.
- Must be able to read, write, interpret and speak the English language.
- Complete work in accordance with FPA standard operating procedures, quality requirements, aircraft manuals and FAA regulations.
- Adhere to general work and safety rules.
- Be self-motivated, able to work well in a team oriented environment and take pride in work performed.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, sound decision-making and understand the man hours assigned by job and assign tasks to technicians based on their level of knowledge in order to meet or stay under the hours for the overall project.
Job Ident #: