Aircraft Maintenance Technician
RDD Enterprises, LLC •
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:Develop, implement and continuously improve the aircraft maintenance process for RDD to meet the needs of our customers by maintaining aircraft worthiness by assessing system results and locating and repairing failures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Maintenance Area Lead
- Perform general maintenance on both certified and experimental aircraft; Performing annual and time-limited maintenance inspections
- Assess and verify system results by performing system function tests; Locate system failures by troubleshooting systems including fuel, hydraulic, flight controls, rigging, engine control, pneumatics and landing gear using appropriate equipment.
- Correct system failures by researching resolutions, removing, repairing and replacing components.
- Maintain air safety by adhering to regulations and manuals such as FAA, ATA, parts catalogues, technical processes, including repair and replacement limits.
- Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by following company procedures
- Document actions by completing records and company forms, as necessary
- Keep job knowledge updated
- Assemble aircraft
- Assemble both reciprocating and turbine engines
- Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results, as needed
- Read, write, speak the English language
- Able to lift 50 lbs. safely
- 10 yrs. maintenance experience with A & P Certificate
- Able to competently use hand tools and power tools
- Exposure and training to Lean Manufacturing concepts, helpful
- Ability to work independently
- Lancair/Columbia/composite experience, preferred
- Avionics experience, preferred
- Applicants are required to possess good communication skills both written and verbal, good interpersonal skills; the ability to work quickly and accurately; an organized approach to work and work area; attention to detail and precision.
- Focus on quality
- Integrity, Honor and Teamwork
Job Ident #: