Omni Air International is a private airline providing tailored passenger and government charter services. Were committed to exceeding expectations, with satisfaction and safety as our measure of success.
We pride ourselves on providing our employees a work experience built on family values. Our employees contributions impact the lives of passengers on a daily basis. Our comprehensive benefits package is designed with you in mind. Medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, 401K with company match, employee assistance program. Accrual schedule of paid time off starting at 10 days vacation, seven paid holidays, 24 hours sick leave (or state law or local ordinance requirement such as 1 hour of paid sick leave for every 40 hours worked for Washington state employees, whichever is greater), three personal days, four weeks paid parental leave and flight benefits offered!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The A&P Mechanic has ETOPS duties as defined in the ETOPS Policies and Procedures Manual (EPPM). Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform routine, non-routine and preventative maintenance in accordance with OAI manuals, manufacturers manuals, FARs and other established procedures to ensure timely release and continued airworthiness of company aircraft
- Mechanics will be required to sign for work accomplished including troubleshooting deferred maintenance items, and ensure proper recording of all maintenance tasks on company documents
- Mechanics will perform all tasks assigned by Lead Mechanics, Maintenance Control or higher management
- Properly tag all repairable components including reason for removal
- When exercising authority under RII provisions, Mechanic will be directly responsible to Director of Quality and Engineering
- Attend all training courses as assigned by any supervisor
- Comply with all company rules, regulations, and procedures set forth in company manuals and policies developed by supervisor
- Keep a constant watch for safety, excessive cost of labor duplication, ensure proper and adequate equipment is used, acceptable parts or components are installed and approved hardware or supplies are used
- At stations where a Lead Mechanic is available, coordinate all troubleshooting work requests and part requirements with Lead Mechanic(s), otherwise coordinate with Maintenance Control
- Coordinate with Maintenance Control or Lead Mechanics to meet incoming aircraft, review logbook for discrepancies, and plan any corrective action needed
- The Mechanic will be responsible for keeping the work area clean (including airport ramps) and may be required to maintain or repair company property from time to time
- When onboard company aircraft, Mechanics are representing the Maintenance Department, and thereby dress appropriately and present a professional attitude
- Perform duties significant to the Lower Minimums Maintenance Program (LMP) as specified in GMM Chapter 12
- Maintain an insurable driving record under Omni insurance driving guidelines
- Performs other duties as specified by Director of Maintenance
- Must be willing to work 10-12-hour shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Position may involve some travel
- Regular attendance during regularly scheduled business hours
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid A&P License
- Minimum of 3 years line maintenance experience on a B767/777 preferred
- Valid state issued drivers license with clear MVR with no major moving violations within the past 3 years
- Must be able to pass a 10 year background/criminal/motor vehicle records check and pre-employment drug screen
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Valid A&P license
- B767 & 777 heavy/line maintenance experience and avionics preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Capable of using small tools (hammer, crowbar, and screwdriver).
- Capable of using ground equipment (Forklift, Pickup Truck) and tow trailer behind pickup truck.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer.
- Stand – 80
- Walk - 15
- Sit - 5
- Travel - 1
MENTAL CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Careful workmanship and attention to detail
- Ability to work under stressful conditions because of degree of responsibility
- Ability to read, understand, and follow manual instructions to solve complex mechanical problems
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
- Oral and written communication skill sufficient to prepare reports, and to discuss equipment malfunction
Omni conditions all job offers on the candidates documentation of complete COVID -19 vaccination prior to the employment start date. Candidates with medical conditions that preclude vaccination or who hold sincere religious beliefs against vaccination should request an exemption in the form of a reasonable accommodation from the Omni Human Resources Department. Absent receipt of such an accommodation, your CDC Vaccination Card must be shown to the Omni designated representative at your work site prior to your start of employment.
EEO including disability and veteran