Airframe Heavy Structures Technician - Everett, WA
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
Perform heavy sheet metal tasks such as removing, repairing or replacing skins, floor beams, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, frames, chords and any other primary structural parts from commercial aircraft. Works under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locate and mark dimensions, layout patterns, and templates, fabricate parts, repair or replace heavy structure aircraft components.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, engineering authorizations, structural repair manuals, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification
- Provide accurate documentation on customer paperwork per FAA requirements.
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Follow safety program including hazmat tool control and foreign object damage (FOD)
- Conduct operational tests.
- Help with general clean-up of work area.
- Maintain regular and prompt attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents as well as communicate effectively with other maintenance and support personnel at all levels regarding job related issues.
- Ability to use precision tools, hand tools, power tools, shrinkers, benders, rollers, drills, shot rivets, saw, brakes, shears and grinders.
- Familiar with all types of metal, hardware, rivets according to size and measurement to select proper materials for repair. -
- Must have knowledge of fundamental aircraft maintenance operations and practices and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical functions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65.
- Proficiency in heavy structure maintenance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have had at least four years of practical experience in the procedures, practices, inspection methods, materials, tools, machine tools, and equipment generally used in aircraft heavy structure maintenance.
- Airframe and/or Powerplant License preferred
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
- .50 per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, plus a $100.00 Monthly Bonus!
- Aviation Personnel offers great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available
- Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Plus we have Travel and Retention on all of our openings as well.
- Give us a call (817) 244-2125 for details.
- We look forward to helping you find your next assignment.